Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Half a Tree

(View from above and not to scale) Okay Pitts...
Instead of producing half of a Christmas tree,
What about just making a product that works with one's own artificial tree.
Made from either a heavy duty plastic or some inexpensive metal.

The C-clamps would fasten to the support pole of the tree and the flat plate (About 4"x9") would rest on the wall.
The pin holes on the side would allow for adjustments for the distance between the tree and the wall.
Two could be used for corner applications.

The product could be marketed for apartment owners or those who don't have the space for an entire tree and sold for $9.99.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know. If I recall correctly, what I liked about the half tree concept is that it attempted to address a real problem of not having enough space for a whole tree. By having a half of a real tree, which mounted to the wall like a picture, one could derive the benefits of a real tree (aroma, etc.) while taking significantly less space than a conventional xmas tree. If I understand your newer concept correctly, you are simply providing wall mounts for a full-sized artificial tree(and/or perhaps a real tree). I guess this would result in saving a little space but could look very inelegant, in my opinion. Again, that's if I understand your diagram correctly, and I'm not sure that I do. But what do I know anyway. I'm and idiot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sap from the parts that were cut made a real mess.
    The new concept for an artificial tree sopport could still save up to 40% of the space needed for a whole tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't put a half tree infront of the living room window. Why not put a quarter tree in the corner, and allow the sap to be what adheres the tree to the wall(s). Seriously though, you cut a tree anywhere, and sap will be a problem; you'll need to get it away from the window so you can hang a bib or a liner for the wounded side.

    ReplyDelete